Friday, February 22, 2013

The beach

 Splash!!! A giant wave  crashed down on me. I could taste the sea salt running down my throat. When I got out I could feel the soft hot sand rubbing against my bare feet.  As I swim  out I see a big hole in the distance. I walk up to it and I see how deep it is.  It is 1.2 metres deep.   I run to tell Charlotte and Megan. We jump into the deep hole and play there for a little bit.  We cover up a little pond at the bottom of the hole.  It is getting late so I decide to get out and go play in the playground. I hear the waves crashing down on the beach.  I'm running towards it and I see a boat and I wonder what it is.  There is a springy surfboard and I use it as a diving board.  I leap off the end of it.  The 5th time I jump off the surfboard as I am going to do it again I see a flying fox.  I sprint up the stairs to the flying fox.  As I put my  ear up against the pole that's holding it up I hear a squeaking noise.  Dad calls out "CAM, IT'S DINNER TIME!"

6 comments:

  1. Great work, Cam! What great use of present tense, and descriptive words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your story Cam! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Cam I really liked your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool can. I like your description of the sound of your dad calling out for dinner and of the sounds of the waves. Aunty Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. I liked how you described the sounds of the waves and of your dad calling you for dinner. Aunty Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous writing Cam. You obviously like exact figures eg '1.2 metres deep' and 'the 5th time'. Write some more! Love, Aunty Polly

    ReplyDelete