Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rock climbing

Rock Climbing.

Excited as ever, my class and I  walked into the doors of the rock climbing manchon. We all sat on the most extremely comfortable chairs ever.  Yeeeeeeeeees!!! I got to the top of the first rock climbing wall, even though it was the easiest wall to climb. We were at flax rock having the time of our lives. We were having the first day of camp on the 22/4/2014.

The second climb looked alot harder and everyone said it was very hard. I waited till it was my turn which took a while. While I was waiting I looked around to see what I could do next, I saw Ryleigh getting to the top and everyone started shouting Ryleigh, Ryleigh, Ryleigh, so I started joining in. She got to the top. She put both hands on the rope and Mrs Hardaker lowered her back down the rock climbing wall.

It was my turn now and I was determined to get to the top. It was easy at the start but as it got higher it got a lot harder. There were less rocks and my arms were aching more and more the further I got up. My dad was at the bottom so I wanted to make him proud of me. I couldn’t make it. My arms were aching. I tried to grab the next rock but it was too far. I put my foot on a higher rock and then I went to grab the next hand hole but it was still too high. I did what I had to do. I was wedged in the chimney so I put my left foot on the back and my right foot on the front and then my hands to the side and started climbing and you know what, It worked, I got to the top.

It was mint! I would come back any time any day.

Written by Cameron Orr

1 comment:

  1. Your writing has improved phenomenally this year, Cameron! We are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete